Personal details in news sheet/website

In the UCAN guidance issued ahead of GDPR in section step 4 point 4 (on page 8) it said "stop publishing details of comms through the office." What about the situation where an individual is selling tickets for an event and wants their phone number included so people can contact them (without looking up in ChurchSuite or paper directory). Any wisdom on this gratefully received! Thanks Chris Harris.

Room hire charges

How much do you charge for hire of rooms? We have a new building being built and we will be refurbishing our current premises. The rooms will be available for church and community use, Can anyone give me an idea on how much we should charge for hire of rooms? Do you base it on the square metreage? Does anyone hire their rooms out to an independent Pre-school and if so how much do you charge them? Thank you! Pauline Griffiths

File retention policy

Does anyone have a file retention policy they'd be willing to share? We recently had an issue with a "Subject Access Request" from a previous church member requiring us to send him all personal data that we have on file for him from a period 12-14 years ago. It turns out that we have caused ourselves problems by having retained rather too many documents. On the other hand there are good reasons for us to have retained some for some time. So knowing what other churches do would be most helpful please.  Simon Jones

Training Contracts

I am putting together a training contract for use when expensive training is requested and we might want to ensure that the church gets value for money from this training and may want money paid back if the trainee either doesn't finish the course or leaves soon after completing it. Does anyone have anything similar that I could have a look at ? Many thanks. Isabel Plimmer

Business Risk Register

I have been tasked with preparing a business risk register for us. I am not talking about Risk Assessments I am looking at what happens if we have a fire, treasurer gets run over, church attracts adverse media publicity etc. I am hoping that others may have had to prepare one and if so may be willing to share it with me. If so please can you contact me on 01920487267 or email a word version to Many thanks Martin Dudley